Simpson Motors Limited, a subsidiary of the Inchcape Group is seeking to recruit a Health & Safety Coordinator to oversee the execution of its Health & Safety strategy across its Caribbean Operations. Inchcape is a leading player in the automotive services sector operating in the distribution, retail and logistics markets.
This role is responsible for leading the safety strategy while developing a culture to strive for zero harm and full implementation of the company’s established Safety Standards.
The successful candidate will be required to identify and deliver HSE training needs, embed effective management systems for Injury Management and Risk Mitigation and proactively engage with senior leaders and employees in promoting a robust HSE culture. The role also liaises with Health and Safety regulators, audits and reviews corporate standards and site risk management programs therefore improving the bottom line performance of the business.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety leader to work in a fast-paced automotive environment while being part of a global HSE community.
• Extensive professional experience in managing environmental health and safety aspects
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Formal certifications in Health & Safety such as ISO45001, ISO14001 or OSHAS 18000 would be an asset
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior management and change outcomes
• Strong communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
• High level of enthusiasm and ethical standards
• A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and passion for work are essential in this role
• Previous experience in a service/automotive industry would be an asset
Successful candidates must have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and a methodical work ethic. They must be detail-oriented with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Candidates should forward a current curriculum vitaé no later than 3rd June 2022 to:
Career Opportunity Health & Safety Coordinator
Simpson Motors Limited Warrens, St. Michael
Or via email at email@example.com
with Health & Safety Coordinator in the subject line