The Network Administrator is responsible for supporting the Senior Network Administrator and Desktop Administrator in monitoring, maintaining and improving the integrity and security of the enterprise’s servers and systems. Participates in documenting, maintaining and proposing enhancement to the networking technology, including servers, desktops, laptops, protocols, security, administration, Wi-Fi and communications to best meet current and future business needs. Coordinates with the IT engineering personnel, partners and management for network systems modifications and updates. The successful candidate will be a key technical resource for other Senior Staff, providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
- Responsible for security administration with the corporate firewalls, Cloud and related software/hardware tools, to protect the company’s data assets from threats.
- Works closely with professional technical staff in the IT management team in evaluating current systems and makes decisions for future development.
- Monitors and maintains all servers in the Production environments and supports the development and testing environments as needed.
- Administers server for Windows’ Active Directory, Exchange, Terminal, Hyper-V, Office 365, Anti-Virus and other related servers.
- Reports and rectifies any observed exception or issues with servers and/or desktops/laptops.
- Maintains active directory including users’ accounts, shares, securities, group policies and others related.
- Monitors all back up services for all applications including nightly backups, offsite storage, and business continuity replication.
- Upholds the enterprise policy guidelines as well as recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and better service for IT users.
- Identifies and documents potential areas where existing policies, processes and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Provides support to end-users while maintaining proper documentation and information in the help-desk tracking system.
- Deploys new computer systems to company standards and troubleshoots end-user computer systems.
- Prepares quantitative report results of help-desk activities.
- Administers Cisco hardware.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience within an Informational Technology environment, with exposure to Windows and Cisco networking.
- Prior network administrator experience including MS Windows Server, Exchange, Terminal Server and other related technologies; or certification in MCSE and Cisco CCNA or higher Cisco certification.
- Ability to understand technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principles of operations, and general methods of systems software operations
- The ability to be organized, accurate and detail-oriented with excellent follow through skills.
- Strong communication, organisational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- High level of enthusiasm, professionalism and ethical standards.
Candidates should forward a current curriculum vitaé no later than September 8th, 2017 to::
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged